Thursday, August 8, 2013

Review Thoughtless (Thoughtless #1) by S.C. Stephens


Description: For almost two years now, Kiera's boyfriend, Denny, has been everything she's ever wanted: loving, tender and endlessly devoted to her. When they head off to a new city to start their lives together, Denny at his dream job and Kiera at a top-notch university, everything seems perfect. Then an unforeseen obligation forces the happy couple apart.

Feeling lonely, confused, and in need of comfort, Kiera turns to an unexpected source—a local rock star named Kellan Kyle. At first, he's purely a friend that she can lean on, but as her loneliness grows, so does their relationship. And then one night everything changes...and none of them will ever be the same.
Rating: 5 BRILLIANT KELLAN KYLE STARS
Must read! Must have!

Genres: New Adult, Contemporary Romance
Recommended for: fans of New Adult romance and intense stories

My opinions:

Oh. My. God. This book:

May I admit that I love love love this book but I kinda hate it too? I’m freaking overwhelmed and exhausted after that emotional rollercoaster! But you wanna know the reason? The love triangle. No, scratch that. The only reason is Kiera -_-

“What if I don’t choose you, Kellan? What will you do?”
He looked away, a tear rolling down his cheek. “I’ll leave, Kiera. I’ll leave, and you and Denny can have your happily ever after.” He looked back at me. “You wouldn’t even need to tell him about me. Eventually, the two of you…” his voice broke and another tear fell on his cheek, “the two of you would get married, and have children, and have a great life.”
I fought back a sob. “And you? What happens to you in that scenario?”
“I…get by. And I miss you, every day,” he whispered.”

But let me start from the beginning. The book is told from Kiera’s POV, a young woman who follows her boyfriend Denny in Seattle after he graduated and who enrolls at the local University just to be with him. I loooved Denny and his sweet, loyal personality. He’s good looking, intelligent, devoted and charming. Oh, and Australian – always good for a sexy little accent ;) They’re moving in Kellan Kyle’s house, Denny’s best friend from high school, who’s also a sing leader in a famous local band named D-Bags. <---  Does that sentence look a little bit too goody-goody to describe Kellan Kyle? Well then let me try again. Ahem.

HOLY FREAKING HOT (and sexy), SWOON-WORTHY, PANTY-DROPPING-GORGEOUS, INCREDIBLY TALENTED AND FUNNY Kellan Kyle. Yep, that was me having a total fan-girling moment. *sigh*

Kiera is attracted to him from moment No. 1, but she just blaims it on his ridiculuosly good looks. She also gets a new job as a waitress at Pete’s, the bar where Kellan’s band plays. But Denny gets an amazing new job also that forces him to leave in Tucson for two months, leaving Kiera behind with Kellan for a hell a lot of time. And this, my darlings, is where the fun (and pull-hairing) begins... *grins*

“He said I was his heart, and you don’t leave your heart behind. You can’t live without your heart.”

Kiera’s lonely and depressed after Denny leaves and Kellan is right there to comfort her. They start a wonderful easy going friendship that had me swooning over the guy. But when the sparks between them start to flame, I just knew there was going to be an incendiary collision that will leave burning consequences behind.

“We were never innocent, Kiera. How naive are you?”

After a fight with Denny, Kiera makes two decisions that decide her path instantly that – ha, did you honestly think I’ll tell you how the whole story unwraps? Really? No, not this time ladies, because I want you to pick up the book and go through the same emotional-yet-beautiful torture I’ve been through. Muhaha... *grins*

At least the ending was great and left me totally hooked. Heart-warming yet heartbreaking, intense yet light, sexy yet pure and lovely. Loved it!

“I don't know how to let you back in." My heart beat spiked and I closed my eyes when he whispered," I don't know how to keep you out either.”

My favorite character was definitely the godlike swoon/drool/crush/rape worthy Kellan Kyle. He made me laugh out loud and smile all the time. But don’t let that perfectly face of his fool you – he’s broken, lost and hopeless. My eyes watered when he told his story, the little glimpes of pain he expressed shocking me on a whole new level. I just wanted to hug, kiss and protect him like I’d be his momma bear. Regardless, you’ll fall head over your heels in love with him.

“He spoke rapidly in-between his tender kisses. "I love you. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. The women...I was so scared to touch you. You didn't want me...I couldn't take the pain. I tried to get over you. Every time with them, I was with you. I'm so sorry...I love you.”

And Denny, oh dear God, Denny! Sweet, loyal, charming Denny. My heart broke for him time after time, hoping he’ll get out of this mess. But when the lies and insecurities about Kiera started to show, the feelings he must’ve felt left me in a depressed mode. At the end of the book, there was such an intense and emotional slap in the face for him that he just exploded. I wanted to take him under my wing and protect him from all the lies and complots. He didn’t deserve any of that.

“I want to be someone's everything. I want fire and passion, and love that's returned, equally. I want to be someone's heart.”

The secondary characters were, in one word, amazing. I loved the guys (okay, besides Griffin), Jenny, Anna, Kate and everyone else around. They lighted up the mood and pushed me through the confusing feelings I felt over the whole love triangle situation and for that I’ll be always grateful.

“Dude, he's Australian...not a pirate.”

And this is where I stop with my totally-fan-girlin’-rambling and just complain about one thing. One single tiny character I haven’t approached. Kiera.

“There were so many secrets between us now, it was hard remembering a time when things had been simple & easy, when it had felt like pure puppy love. I suppose all love eventually comes back down to earth.”

Who the hell does what she did???? Ruining a wonderful relationship with Denny?? Now don’t get me wrong, I’m all Team Kellan, but alternating between two amazing guys, leading them on and on and being unable to just freaking choose made me want to strangle her 99,99 % of the book. She was annoying, selfish, immature and she didn’t deserve Kellan nor Denny. I really wanted to shake her, slap her, pull her hair – really, anything would’ve worked. She hurt both guys  on countless times and my heart ached constantly for them. But somehow I managed to get through her issues and finish the book (hooray!), because regardless of her personality, this book is a must-read.


S.C. Stephens created complex characters, confusing desires and overwhelming stories in this book. Thoughtless was quite the page turner with all the sexy, steamy scences, heartbreaking revelations and the funny lines that cheered me up completely. An addictive story that will leave you breathless, gasping for more, although the ending doesn’t have a cliffhanger. So I recommend it to everyone who loves a good love triangle and has the patience to finish the book. I guarantee that in the end you’ll love it. <3

“It was heartfelt, it was heartbreaking. It was extreme joy, it was bone-crushing grief. It was fiery hot, it was icy-cold. It was true love sprouting... it was true love dying.

It's like we were both trying to hold onto something that was slipping through our fingers, and we didn't understand why.”

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment